Thursday 10 April 2014

The Election Tamasha - Why I Detest it

Honestly, I tried. I tried hard to keep abreast with the party names, their candidates and what their past was and where they are currently connected. However, even after all these years, I just can't stand the sight of these guys on media in general and TV in particular. So much mudslinging, accusations with religion, caste and region based politics makes me feel nauseous to say the least. 
           Having said that, I understand that politics needs extreme strategizing. One such interesting instance I came across was to hear Gul Panag - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAqM4umVwnY. I also get to hear stories from my mom who is politically active in my native state (that's for my disclosure part). However, the elections, as usual, appear tumultuous here in Mumbai, to say the least. And with only 15 days to go, I am yet to make up my mind for deciding the party which deserves my vote (they say - its precious).
            There has been lot of social media at play now with many pushing you to vote and using the NOTA option if no candidate is considered appropriate. A interesting banner indicated- One should vote - otherwise someone else will vote for you.  To have a well informed decision for people in Mumbai there are websites available on what an elected member has promised and what has been executed by them in the last five years. One such website   http://mumbaivotes.com/  has the tag line- Don't vote. Select. It tracks and compare profiles of candidates from Mumbai and also gives complete details of work done as against the promises made.
              Hope similar sites are launched pan India which would give people like me take an informed decision without referring to the TV. The battlegrounds are set and it would be interesting to see who wins. Through my blog would like to send across a message to the candidates- Will vote for 'Honesty'. Any takers ?

No comments:

Post a Comment